Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message on my computer

You are opening the library “Photos Library.photoslibrary” for the first time. Are you sure you want to open this library?

Is there any chance of losing my photos if I click OPEN?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 7:06 AM

The message is normal if you are in fact opening that Photos Library for the first time.

It not directly related to your question but if you do not routinely back up your Mac then the prospect of permanently losing all the information on it does not concern you. To learn how to use Time Machine please read Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 7:06 AM in response to tbirdterry1

The message is normal if you are in fact opening that Photos Library for the first time.

It not directly related to your question but if you do not routinely back up your Mac then the prospect of permanently losing all the information on it does not concern you. To learn how to use Time Machine please read Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

Message on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.