Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help, green screen on macbook!

Здравствуйте! Экран MacBook Pro 15 Retina 2014 равномерно становится зеленым после 5-10 часов бездействия. Это в основном видно по краям, и когда вы смотрите на экран под углом. Через 10-15 минут картина становится нормальной. Есть предположения о том, в чем может быть проблема, и усугубится ли эта проблема? На данный момент меня это не очень беспокоит, мне просто нужно "разогреть" экран утром перед работой. Все отлично работает с внешним дисплеем, проблема явно не в видеокарте. Может быть, какой-то потенциометр долго нагревается? Может ли это быть антибликовое покрытие? Можно ли решить проблему, если это покрытие будет стерто мной? Я, естественно, сбрасываю NVRAM. Пожалуйста, помогите, я нигде не могу найти ответ. Есть ли решение без замены дорогой матрицы?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:03 AM

I'm a little afraid to speak ahead of time, but here's an interesting thing I noticed. As a result, during the last week, I no longer had a green tint, and the screen works absolutely fine. A possible solution - I endured this problem for several months, it didn't get any worse or better. And a week ago, in a fit of nostalgia, I wanted to play GTA 4. I installed it via Bootcamp, set the settings to the maximum, not counting the resolution, and played for about 15 hours.

And that's it, after that, the green shade seemed to have disappeared forever. I hope so.

I don't know what the reason is, maybe somewhere something has warmed up, maybe possible moisture has evaporated, etc. But it obviously helped that the mac was under load, the coolers were noisy, the temperature was high.

I hope this will help someone else with a similar problem.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 3:03 AM in response to macbookhunzo

I'm a little afraid to speak ahead of time, but here's an interesting thing I noticed. As a result, during the last week, I no longer had a green tint, and the screen works absolutely fine. A possible solution - I endured this problem for several months, it didn't get any worse or better. And a week ago, in a fit of nostalgia, I wanted to play GTA 4. I installed it via Bootcamp, set the settings to the maximum, not counting the resolution, and played for about 15 hours.

And that's it, after that, the green shade seemed to have disappeared forever. I hope so.

I don't know what the reason is, maybe somewhere something has warmed up, maybe possible moisture has evaporated, etc. But it obviously helped that the mac was under load, the coolers were noisy, the temperature was high.

I hope this will help someone else with a similar problem.

Please help, green screen on macbook!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.