Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i remove recently deleted messages option , i don’t want it

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 1:40 PM

You can remove the Recently Deleted heading by deleting all of the messages in Recently Deleted.

But, if you delete another new message, then Recently Deleted will appear again. To make Recently Deleted go away, you will have to delete the message from Recently Deleted.

And so forth.

If you are asking how to permanently delete Recently Deleted, so that it will never appear again, this is not possible....unless you can convince Apple to have their software engineers rewrite the iOS programming code.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 1:40 PM in response to hareth64

You can remove the Recently Deleted heading by deleting all of the messages in Recently Deleted.

But, if you delete another new message, then Recently Deleted will appear again. To make Recently Deleted go away, you will have to delete the message from Recently Deleted.

And so forth.

If you are asking how to permanently delete Recently Deleted, so that it will never appear again, this is not possible....unless you can convince Apple to have their software engineers rewrite the iOS programming code.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.