Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My app is frozen, is closing an app and deleting the app the same thing?

working in my app the circle arrow is just going round and round. The advise i see for a frozen app is to close it. Is closing an app the same as deleting the app?

TIA!

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 4:33 PM

No.

Closing an app doesn't delete it. To close an app, see the following from Close an app on your iPad - Apple Support

You should close an app only if it’s unresponsive. To close an app on your iPad, follow these steps:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

To delete an app, see instructions in Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 4:33 PM in response to AnnieleeB

No.

Closing an app doesn't delete it. To close an app, see the following from Close an app on your iPad - Apple Support

You should close an app only if it’s unresponsive. To close an app on your iPad, follow these steps:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

To delete an app, see instructions in Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My app is frozen, is closing an app and deleting the app the same thing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.