Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make changes to a new Apple Music playlist?

I made a new playlist and it comes on the screen different from all others. First, there are no numbers showing the number of lines on the screen any where. #2. There is a column that I don't use and can't get rid of . The column is called "album by Artist". Album by artist is not on the list to choose from and "album artist" is unchecked. Last, there is a column of numbers that lists "plays" but I have that one deleted on my other playlists. How can I make changes? Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:17 AM

View > Show Status Bar should add a footer to the main window that lists the number of items in the current view.

View > View As... > {something} should let you choose between alternate views of the a playlist.

In the Songs view you should be able to right-click on the column headings or use View > Show View Options to make changes to the displayed columns, enable artwork, etc.

The Album column is special in that it can take three different forms, Album, Album by Artist, or Album by Artist/Year. To switch modes click on the text in the header. Although it says Artist sort order is determined by the first non-empty value from Sort Album Artist, Album Artist, Sort Artist, Artist. The same is true when sorting on the Artist column.

To sort on a particular column click on the heading of that column. To reverse the order click on the chevron at the right of the active header.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 9:17 AM in response to Ottilie

View > Show Status Bar should add a footer to the main window that lists the number of items in the current view.

View > View As... > {something} should let you choose between alternate views of the a playlist.

In the Songs view you should be able to right-click on the column headings or use View > Show View Options to make changes to the displayed columns, enable artwork, etc.

The Album column is special in that it can take three different forms, Album, Album by Artist, or Album by Artist/Year. To switch modes click on the text in the header. Although it says Artist sort order is determined by the first non-empty value from Sort Album Artist, Album Artist, Sort Artist, Artist. The same is true when sorting on the Artist column.

To sort on a particular column click on the heading of that column. To reverse the order click on the chevron at the right of the active header.

tt2

How can I make changes to a new Apple Music playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.