Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Everything works on my apple watch except getting messages when my phone is not nearby.

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 7:48 PM

Does "everything" include facebook notifications when the iPhone is not near?

If "everything" includes the clock, the flashlight, and the calculator, then I'm wondering if your watch is cellular capable and whether or not you have it set up with its own data plan.

What model is the watch (i.e. Series 8, Ultra, or...)

If it's a Series 8, is there a red ring around the side of the Digital Crown?

If it's an Ultra, you'll be looking for an orange ring around the Digital Crown.

If you find a red or orange ring, then the watch is capable and then we just need to know if you have a data plan in place for it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 7:48 PM in response to Jackie1419js

Does "everything" include facebook notifications when the iPhone is not near?

If "everything" includes the clock, the flashlight, and the calculator, then I'm wondering if your watch is cellular capable and whether or not you have it set up with its own data plan.

What model is the watch (i.e. Series 8, Ultra, or...)

If it's a Series 8, is there a red ring around the side of the Digital Crown?

If it's an Ultra, you'll be looking for an orange ring around the Digital Crown.

If you find a red or orange ring, then the watch is capable and then we just need to know if you have a data plan in place for it.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.