Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I maximize alarm volume?

The sample alert volume is very loud, but when alarm goes off it is half the volume, which is unusable for me to wake up to. I have ringtone volume and alert volume set to max. I have silent mode off.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 11:53 PM

If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume up or volume down button to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringtone and Alert Volume. If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None.

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 11:53 PM in response to ChemTree

If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume up or volume down button to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringtone and Alert Volume. If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None.

Feb 27, 2023 11:52 PM in response to ChemTree

How to set an alarm

1. Open the Clock app, then tap the Alarm tab.
  2. Tap the Add button .
  3. Set a time for the alarm. You can also choose one of these options: Repeat: Tap to set up a recurring alarm. Label: Tap to name your alarm. Sound: Tap to pick a sound that plays when the alarm sounds. ... 
  4. Tap Save.

How do I maximize alarm volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.