You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit "Services" in right-click options for everything

On my MackBook I see a long list of services and it's annoying. How do I edit them, or how do I even figure out what they are without using them? I'm asking here because I don't know where else to look since when I search computer for "Services" all that shows up is "Networking services" and "Directory services".

This is what I see:

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 11:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 4:01 AM

Keyboard System Settings. Look in the shortcuts. There is a Services section. You can enable and disable some of them.

I’m not at a Mac to give you the exact path to them, but they’re in the keyboard shortcuts.

2 replies

Feb 28, 2023 4:55 AM in response to JonH2O

Services created by a particular user will be in ~/Library/Services.

Services available to all users are *probably* in /Library/Services (I say probably because I am not at my mac to confirm).

To reach your usee Library, note that it is hidden by default.

In Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste

~/Library

then press enter.

To make it visible, press Command-Shift-H to open your home folder, then press Command-J yo Show View Options, and check the box to always show library folder

How to edit "Services" in right-click options for everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.