Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB has some problems with Monterey

After years I decided to format my iMac and install Monterey from zero. Everything seemed fine since I saw that one of my SSD didn't show up, after some struggling it showed but it doesn't work good (slow to mount and unmount like 2 minutes everytime).

So I tried to mount it on my other MacBook where I still have Mojave and it works perfectly.

On Mojave I can format it (APFS) and works fine

On Monterey I can't mount, unmount, I can't format ( extremely slow in the process gives error at the end)

I tried to see if it's a firmware problem, but the SSD firmware seams up to date (to check I used the software from Western Digital)

I saw that other people had same problems with other SSD after Monterey but the solved updating the OS but for this SSD doesn't work for now.

iMac 27″

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:44 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I found out that the problem is not the SSD but the enclosure (case) used to link the SSD to the USB port (Orico 2.5 Inch SATA USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure). I switched with another case and it works fine.

Similar questions

2 replies

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB has some problems with Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.