Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downloading 16.3.1 on both my iPhone 14 and my iPad neither will connect to wifi. However my husband’s iPhone 14 will. Nothing has changed except new os

After downloading 16.3.1 my iPad and ipu14 will not connect to internet my husbands iPhone 14 will connect nothing has changed but the upgrade to OS

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 11:11 AM

Start here→If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If none of the steps in that article resolve the problem, let’s do some troubleshooting:

• Is the problem with all networks or one specific network?
  • Go to Settings/Wi-Fi; do you see the network?
  • If you do, tap on it and see what it says; does it prompt for a password, does it connect?
  • If it gives an error, what is the error?
  • If it connects, tap on the i next to the network name and note the IP address; it should start with either 10.0 or 192.168. If it begins 169.254 that is a router problem; the router is not assigning IP addresses. Check out the router manufacturer’s troubleshooting help.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 11:11 AM in response to Deepba

Start here→If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If none of the steps in that article resolve the problem, let’s do some troubleshooting:

• Is the problem with all networks or one specific network?
  • Go to Settings/Wi-Fi; do you see the network?
  • If you do, tap on it and see what it says; does it prompt for a password, does it connect?
  • If it gives an error, what is the error?
  • If it connects, tap on the i next to the network name and note the IP address; it should start with either 10.0 or 192.168. If it begins 169.254 that is a router problem; the router is not assigning IP addresses. Check out the router manufacturer’s troubleshooting help.

After downloading 16.3.1 on both my iPhone 14 and my iPad neither will connect to wifi. However my husband’s iPhone 14 will. Nothing has changed except new os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.