Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office apps keep requesting keychain access every time I am using them

Hi! I am having issues with Office apps. They are repeatedly requesting keychain access every time I am using them. I followed the steps mentioned in this article to try and solve the problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-for-mac-repeatedly-requesting-keychain-access-ced5a09c-3099-47cb-9190-e961bf63e240?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

The issue is that when I try to tap Lock Keychain "login" the interface won't let me select it, as shown in the next picture:

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 8:57 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 2, 2023 8:33 AM in response to macuserjcf

Hey macuserjcf,

Welcome to Apple Communities Support.

From what we understand, you're unable to complete the steps to restore the keychain permissions, the "Lock Keychain "login" is grayed out.

Have you attempted to delete the keychain associated with Microsoft Office? If not, close all Microsoft Office programs, and then follow steps below to delete it.

1. In the Keychain Access app  on your Mac, if your keychains aren’t visible, choose Window > Keychain Access.
2. Select a keychain in the Keychains list.
3. Choose File > Delete Keychain [keychain name].
4. Click Delete References.

You may have to use the search in the top right of Keychain Access to locate it. To review more information about deleting a keychain, click here: Delete a keychain in Keychain Access on Mac.

After deleting, re-open the Office apps. When you receive a prompt for Keychain Access for those apps, be sure to click/select "Always Allow" As mentioned in the Microsoft Article Office for Mac repeatedly requesting keychain access "you may encounter this dialog up to three times per app."

Hope this helps. Take care.

Office apps keep requesting keychain access every time I am using them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.