Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I don't want to "upgrade" to a newer software.

I have MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Early 2015. I am mostly satisfied with the way it works. I am afraid that if I upgrade to a newer version I will have lot of problems. Is it okay to stick with what I have? I am not a sophisticated user. Most of my computing is just word processing, email, spreadsheets (infrequent),- just typical stuff.

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:57 AM

If it works for you, then you can stay where you are.

Do note, you will not get any new fixes or vulnerability patches, and Safari will be having issues with many websites now since its rather old version. Beyond that, you are not obligated in any way to update if you don't want to.

3 replies

Feb 28, 2023 9:57 AM in response to cathyfromconroe

Stay on there if you want the best performance as possible but for compatibility you really need to upgrade since there are many new versions out. you may see on the app store that some apps needs an older version etc. but if you dont really have an problem, just stay on it unless you really need to upgrade if nothing is supported like macosx lion or something like that. but for word, mail etc you don't need to upgrade at all! just stay on your version and with an 2015 macbook it is great to use (i think)

What if I don't want to "upgrade" to a newer software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.