Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my Apple Pay Visa Number changes if I update/renew/change my Credit Card?

I have recently lost my credit card and I have requested a new one. It has been automatically updated to my Wallet. However, I want to ask if my Apple Pay visa number, which is separate from my Credit Card number, will it change as well?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:36 PM

Apple Pay is simply the ability to use your stored cards to make payments via your physical device, app, or website. Your Visa card is issued by your bank.

The Apple Pay card details (shown below) are simply to provide four digits in case you need to verify a transaction. This is unique to the device (not the card) and does not change.

When Apple Pay is used it doesn't share the physical card number (one of the reasons it's more secure), as such, if you're asked to verify a transaction using the last four digits, you may need to provide this number instead. Again, it is not an actual card number issued by your bank.

Hope that helps!

Note: You may see a different four digits for each card, this associates it with the card but is still unique to the device used to place the transaction.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 12:36 PM in response to hedijaza

Apple Pay is simply the ability to use your stored cards to make payments via your physical device, app, or website. Your Visa card is issued by your bank.

The Apple Pay card details (shown below) are simply to provide four digits in case you need to verify a transaction. This is unique to the device (not the card) and does not change.

When Apple Pay is used it doesn't share the physical card number (one of the reasons it's more secure), as such, if you're asked to verify a transaction using the last four digits, you may need to provide this number instead. Again, it is not an actual card number issued by your bank.

Hope that helps!

Note: You may see a different four digits for each card, this associates it with the card but is still unique to the device used to place the transaction.

Does my Apple Pay Visa Number changes if I update/renew/change my Credit Card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.