Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I quickly delete emails from my icloud email account?

How can I quickly permanently delete emails from my icloud email account?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:16 AM

Open the Mail app and select the mailbox from which you want to delete your mail, e.g. your Inbox.

In the top right corner, tap "Edit", then select "Select All" in the top left corner - and then tap "Delete" in the bottom right corner. Finally, you go to the trash, and delete everything there. Now all your deleted emails will be removed permanently.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 3:16 AM in response to DManning527

Open the Mail app and select the mailbox from which you want to delete your mail, e.g. your Inbox.

In the top right corner, tap "Edit", then select "Select All" in the top left corner - and then tap "Delete" in the bottom right corner. Finally, you go to the trash, and delete everything there. Now all your deleted emails will be removed permanently.

Mar 1, 2023 7:11 AM in response to Community User

Thank you for the quick reply. But I’ve accumulated more then 12,000 emails over the years. And there must be a faster way to delete them except for the current year. Also my trash won’t automatically delete the messages so I’m having to do over the process above. Any way to set this up automatically??? This is for my gmail account as well as my iCloud account. Any help is most appreciated.

Mar 2, 2023 1:05 AM in response to DManning527

You're welcome.

If you use Gmail, sign in to Gmail from a computer. There you also have the option of marking many emails at once, as well as a better overview. In addition, there is an "Empty Trash" button, so you can delete all emails at once.

You can also access your iCloud mail from iCloud's web page to get a better overview.

Sign in with your Apple ID here: https://icloud.com

Unfortunately, there is no magic solution, but it is clearly easier to handle 12,000 emails from a computer with a large screen and shortcut keys.

how do I quickly delete emails from my icloud email account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.