Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download Instagram on iPhone 6

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 4:58 PM

Hi Wisediamond123,

in order to install Instagram on your iPhone 6, you'll need to update it to most recent version of iOS that your iPhone supports. In your case, this would be version 15.7.3. You can update your phone by following these steps: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Once you have updated your iPhone 6, you can go to the App Store and search for Instagram. You can install it from there.

Hope this helps and that you have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Dallen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 4:58 PM in response to Wisediamond123

Hi Wisediamond123,

in order to install Instagram on your iPhone 6, you'll need to update it to most recent version of iOS that your iPhone supports. In your case, this would be version 15.7.3. You can update your phone by following these steps: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Once you have updated your iPhone 6, you can go to the App Store and search for Instagram. You can install it from there.

Hope this helps and that you have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Dallen

Mar 1, 2023 6:52 AM in response to Dallen_Frutchey

Dallen_Frutchey wrote:

in order to install Instagram on your iPhone 6, you'll need to update it to most recent version of iOS that your iPhone supports. In your case, this would be version 15.7.3.

The most recent version of iOS that an iPhone 6 supports is iOS 12.5.7.

There is, to the best of my knowledge, no version of Instagram that will run on an iPhone 6. It requires at least iOS 13.4. I don't believe Meta makes an older version available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.