Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad activation lock

What do you do when the previous owner of and iPad refuses to help you get into it where there is an activation lock?

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:30 PM

LukeIsMe Said:

"iPad activation lock: What do you do when the previous owner of and iPad refuses to help you get into it where there is an activation lock?"

-------

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Reporting this:

Seems you'v been scammed, though a full assumption, on my part. So, if the seller will not take this back, then you're out of luck. Maybe contact local authorities. If purchased off of a Web site(i.e. eBay or Amazon), then contact the Web site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and that you get your money back.

B. How to Properly Sell a Device:

This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. They would perform as instructed, including the iCloud logout. The seller should have known better.

C. Learn from This:

So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always go there, prior to making any purchases, whatsoever. Ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing in the money. If the seller decides to disabuse by those rules you've set froth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

If Purchased Off of a Website (i.e. eBay)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 9:30 PM in response to LukeIsMe

LukeIsMe Said:

"iPad activation lock: What do you do when the previous owner of and iPad refuses to help you get into it where there is an activation lock?"

-------

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Reporting this:

Seems you'v been scammed, though a full assumption, on my part. So, if the seller will not take this back, then you're out of luck. Maybe contact local authorities. If purchased off of a Web site(i.e. eBay or Amazon), then contact the Web site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and that you get your money back.

B. How to Properly Sell a Device:

This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. They would perform as instructed, including the iCloud logout. The seller should have known better.

C. Learn from This:

So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always go there, prior to making any purchases, whatsoever. Ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing in the money. If the seller decides to disabuse by those rules you've set froth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

If Purchased Off of a Website (i.e. eBay)

iPad activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.