Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services pop-up

Is there a way to stop getting the pop-up telling me that Weather has used location services it is infuriating i get it every now and then and it just keeps popping up again Weather is a default app too why the **** does it ask me again and again and again it’s literally the only app i gave location services permissions for.

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 9:10 AM

There is a security feature in iOS 16 that periodically reminds you that an app is using location services. You can’t disable these warnings, but they are infrequent, typically every 2 or 3 weeks.

6 replies

Mar 2, 2023 5:45 PM in response to ABDG95

Hi ABDG95,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. Do you have Location service for Weather set up to be used "Allow While in Use"? If you grant an app While In Use permission, the app may ask you for permission to use your location when it is in the background. You can see more about this here: About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Mar 3, 2023 9:01 AM in response to ABDG95

Hey ABDG95,

Got it. We recommend toggling that off and then toggling it back on again. This can help refresh the settings which might prevent the pop-ups from occurring again. Also go ahead and restart the iPhone to also refresh the software in relation to the Weather app: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.

Let us know if you're still experiencing the same after those steps.

cheers.

Location services pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.