Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Artifacts

When I open the macbook (A2141) the display is severly corrupted when the screen is positioned at different angles. If I tentatively move the screen through the opening arc it sometimes fixes itself.

This looks a lot like a flex cable issue, but it's not affecting the backlight in this instance.

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 8:52 AM

AW194 wrote:

When I open the macbook (A2141) the display is severly corrupted when the screen is positioned at different angles. If I tentatively move the screen through the opening arc it sometimes fixes itself.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/af779ee8-f78c-48f5-823a-bf78f00e897e
This looks a lot like a flex cable issue, but it's not affecting the backlight in this instance.

You have a hardware issue— looks to be display.

You can try plugging in an external monitor and compare your results—this would be telling.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 8:52 AM in response to AW194

AW194 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/af779ee8-f78c-48f5-823a-bf78f00e897e

You have a hardware issue— looks to be display.

You can try plugging in an external monitor and compare your results—this would be telling.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Display Artifacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.