Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb on during the day?

I have do not disturb set for 10pm to 7am but during the day my iPad and iPhone have the dark moon by the time and on my locked screen. Am I doing something wrong? I only want DND on during those hours.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 12:46 PM

There might be a couple things here.

Check Settings

Focus

Do Not Disturb

Check if "Smart Activation" is on OR if there is an active "Schedule" outside of the one you said you set (10pm to 7am). If so, turn those off/delete them.

Also, check:

Settings

Focus

"Share Across Devices"...is this on or off? If it's off, your other devices might have a mind of their own.

Do the same thing I suggested above on all devices, if "Share Across Devices" is turned off. I would recommend turning it on, after everything you want is turned on or off/deleted.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 12:46 PM in response to dawnfromwaukesha

There might be a couple things here.

Check Settings

Focus

Do Not Disturb

Check if "Smart Activation" is on OR if there is an active "Schedule" outside of the one you said you set (10pm to 7am). If so, turn those off/delete them.

Also, check:

Settings

Focus

"Share Across Devices"...is this on or off? If it's off, your other devices might have a mind of their own.

Do the same thing I suggested above on all devices, if "Share Across Devices" is turned off. I would recommend turning it on, after everything you want is turned on or off/deleted.

Do Not Disturb on during the day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.