Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook won't accept my password

My MacBook air won't accept the right password, I have tried all the advice, and won't accept the ID saying not connecting to internet an error connecting to Aple ID sever

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 5:58 PM

An inability to connect to the Apple ID server is a significant hindrance. It could be a temporary condition that may or may not resolve itself.

The following is as comprehensive an answer you are likely to find.

Begin with If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Even if you are certain the password is correct follow all of those steps, all the way through to and including If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support, all the way through to its conclusion:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

It may or may not be applicable to your particular circumstances, but if your Mac has locked your account following too many failed login attempts, and your Apple ID is also locked, then follow these instructions: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

Be advised the following may be applicable: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 5:58 PM in response to MBen73

An inability to connect to the Apple ID server is a significant hindrance. It could be a temporary condition that may or may not resolve itself.

The following is as comprehensive an answer you are likely to find.

Begin with If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Even if you are certain the password is correct follow all of those steps, all the way through to and including If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support, all the way through to its conclusion:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

It may or may not be applicable to your particular circumstances, but if your Mac has locked your account following too many failed login attempts, and your Apple ID is also locked, then follow these instructions: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

Be advised the following may be applicable: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support.

My MacBook won't accept my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.