Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone video shifts to slow motion after 10 seconds

Multiple clips I shot with an iPhone 11 shift from normal speed to slow motion (about 1/10x) after playing for 10 seconds at normal speed. This happens while playing the original on the iPhone and on a Mac Mini in both Quicktime and iMovie.

I've been adjusting the speed in iMovie, but it's a pain. How can I avoid this in the future?

Many thanks!

Dick

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 3:01 PM

Hi DHuitema,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you filmed this in slow motion, it would be expected behavior. However, if you filmed this at normal speed, here are a few steps that may be useful:

1. Restart your iPhone to see if the issue persists: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2. Update your iPhone to rule out the older software: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3. Try the steps here to see if they help: Record videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

4. If you need further support, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 3:01 PM in response to DHuitema

Hi DHuitema,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you filmed this in slow motion, it would be expected behavior. However, if you filmed this at normal speed, here are a few steps that may be useful:

1. Restart your iPhone to see if the issue persists: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2. Update your iPhone to rule out the older software: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3. Try the steps here to see if they help: Record videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

4. If you need further support, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

iPhone video shifts to slow motion after 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.