Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked to owner

I got a new phone and am trying to erase my old phone but after I tried it says iPhone locked to owner even after I removed it from iCloud

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 7:42 PM

You will have to contact the original owner and get them to remove the lock, otherwise the phone will not erase.

If you are the original owner this article may help:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 1, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Tk1234tk

"iPhone locked to owner: I got a new phone and am trying to erase my old phone but after I tried it says iPhone locked to owner even after I removed it from iCloud"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Please Define New:

Is this new and out-of-the-box, or it is officially a used phone that is "new" to you?

If "New" to You:

This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you:  What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better. So, have them use that link, and then let you log in.

Mar 1, 2023 7:43 PM in response to Tk1234tk

I am assuming that you want to reset the old phone. Follow the steps in this Apple Support document:

Sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone - Apple SupportAppleOfficial Apple Support › guide › iphone › ios

When complete, the old phone will restart to the "hello" screen.

If this is not what you are trying to do, explain in more detail.

iPhone locked to owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.