Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I joined a apple family but I still don’t have full access to my Apple Music

Hello everyone, I joined a apple family but apple is still asking me to make payment before I can download songs or add songs to a playlist…please I need help

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 6:58 PM

Hi Emmy_uk,

Seems the family would need to have a Family Music subscription, for everyone to fully access Music. (Everyone in the family would be automatically included.)

If they don't have that, you could likely still download their iTunes purchases, if the family organiser has "purchase-sharing" turned on, (and therefore pays for everyone's purchases).

Music purchased from iTunes can generally be shared ok.

How to download apps and content that your family members purchased - Apple Support

If purchase-sharing is not turned on, everyone would pay for their own purchases.

Else:

What to do: If you can't find your family's shared content – Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 6:58 PM in response to Emmy__uk

Hi Emmy_uk,

Seems the family would need to have a Family Music subscription, for everyone to fully access Music. (Everyone in the family would be automatically included.)

If they don't have that, you could likely still download their iTunes purchases, if the family organiser has "purchase-sharing" turned on, (and therefore pays for everyone's purchases).

Music purchased from iTunes can generally be shared ok.

How to download apps and content that your family members purchased - Apple Support

If purchase-sharing is not turned on, everyone would pay for their own purchases.

Else:

What to do: If you can't find your family's shared content – Apple Support

All the best :-)

I joined a apple family but I still don’t have full access to my Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.