Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What battery percentage should I charge my iPhone 12 at?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:56 AM

If you have optimized charging activated (it is active by default), then your iPhone will learn your charging pattern. For example, if you usually charge your iPhone at night, your iPhone will charge directly to 80% and keep your iPhone there - until it knows you're going to get up soon, then it will charge the last 20% up to 100%

This puts less wear and tear on the battery. But it takes some time before it learns the charging pattern, and if you have different patterns, it is not certain that the function will activate.

But you can charge your iPhone to 100%, and make sure that when it is at 100%, disconnect it. Also, try to avoid draining your battery completely.

You can find more useful information about your iPhone Battery here:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 1:56 AM in response to samali33

If you have optimized charging activated (it is active by default), then your iPhone will learn your charging pattern. For example, if you usually charge your iPhone at night, your iPhone will charge directly to 80% and keep your iPhone there - until it knows you're going to get up soon, then it will charge the last 20% up to 100%

This puts less wear and tear on the battery. But it takes some time before it learns the charging pattern, and if you have different patterns, it is not certain that the function will activate.

But you can charge your iPhone to 100%, and make sure that when it is at 100%, disconnect it. Also, try to avoid draining your battery completely.

You can find more useful information about your iPhone Battery here:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.