Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my iPhone in Egypt?

How can I use the iPhone 14 in Egypt?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 4:36 AM

Short answer, yes. But..

If your iPhone 14 was purchased in the USA and does not have space for a physical SIM card, you can use your current plan with your carrier, but you must be aware of roaming prices and whether your carrier covers outside the country's borders. Contact your Carrier for more information.

You also have the option of finding a Carrier locally in Egypt that you can use while you are there. If your iPhone does not have a physical SIM card, then you need to find a Carrier that offers eSIM.

If your iPhone has a physical SIM card, the same conditions apply. However, you are not dependent on the local Egyptian Carrier supporting eSIM, as you can simply insert a physical SIM card.

Last but not least. Then you must also pay attention to whether your iPhone is SIM-locked to your carrier. If it is, then you cannot use SIM or eSIM from other providers. The Carrier your iPhone was purchased through can help SIM unlock it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 4:36 AM in response to LindenLeafla

Short answer, yes. But..

If your iPhone 14 was purchased in the USA and does not have space for a physical SIM card, you can use your current plan with your carrier, but you must be aware of roaming prices and whether your carrier covers outside the country's borders. Contact your Carrier for more information.

You also have the option of finding a Carrier locally in Egypt that you can use while you are there. If your iPhone does not have a physical SIM card, then you need to find a Carrier that offers eSIM.

If your iPhone has a physical SIM card, the same conditions apply. However, you are not dependent on the local Egyptian Carrier supporting eSIM, as you can simply insert a physical SIM card.

Last but not least. Then you must also pay attention to whether your iPhone is SIM-locked to your carrier. If it is, then you cannot use SIM or eSIM from other providers. The Carrier your iPhone was purchased through can help SIM unlock it.

Can I use my iPhone in Egypt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.