Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail search does not work

Hey there!

The search in my Apple Mail suddenly stopped. So when I try to search for something, nothing happens anymore.

I already tries reconnecting my account, restarting the app and the Mac as well as reindexing, but so far nothing has helped.

Does anyone of you has an idea what could cause this?

Max

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 6:55 AM

Juvigo wrote:

Hey there!

The search in my Apple Mail suddenly stopped. So when I try to search for something, nothing happens anymore.

I already tries reconnecting my account, restarting the app and the Mac as well as reindexing, but so far nothing has helped.

Max

You can try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Re-indexing what exactly...(?)

Verify >System Settings>Spotlight> Mail is checked here in the list.

Mail uses the Spotlight index—Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

recommended best method:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 6:55 AM in response to Juvigo

Juvigo wrote:

Hey there!

Max

You can try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Re-indexing what exactly...(?)

Verify >System Settings>Spotlight> Mail is checked here in the list.

Mail uses the Spotlight index—Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

recommended best method:

Apple Mail search does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.