Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini BT pairing

Trying to set up a new mac mini. Can't get started without a paired keyboard. The mouse works because it came with a dongle.

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 10:40 AM

14 replies

Mar 2, 2023 10:58 AM in response to sswilsonrd

Another thing you could do is buy an Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Even if you don't use it with this Mac Mini, keep it around. Always nice to have; it can pair with not only your Mac, but with an iPad and iPhone!

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad for Mac models with Apple silicon - US English - Black Keys

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID for Mac models with Apple silicon - US English

Magic Keyboard - US English

Mar 2, 2023 2:05 PM in response to SixFour391

I have an Apple "Extended" keyboard that came with my now "no longer have it" 2017 iMac that I now use with my Late 2014 Mac mini. With every "fresh" install of MacOS (Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey) I get to the keyboard identification part of the first login, and I'm told that the software can't identify the keyboard. I think it was Monterey before I stopped yelling at the Mac mini "But it's an Apple keyboard."

Mac mini BT pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.