Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an e-mail from my iphone, it uses my me.com e-mail but there is only an icloud.com e-mail folder on my email app. How can I see my me.com sent e-mails?

I have both a me.com and an icloud.com e-mail address. When I send an e-mail from my iPhone, it automatically uses the me.com e-mail address to send. When I open my e-mail app, I can see only the icloud.com e-mail, not the me.com e-mail so I cannot see my sent e-mails. Is there a way to see the e-mails sent using the me.com address?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:21 PM

You can also TAP on the FROM email address and change it, each time you send an email, if none of the other options work.

You can do this on any Apple Device. Anytime you compose an email, you can select the "From" section and change which email address you send from.

6 replies

Mar 2, 2023 12:13 PM in response to SixFour391

In my setting, my Default Account is my iCloud account. The only place I see the me.com e-mail extension is when I'm sending an e-mail from my iPhone. I just emailed a photo, taken on my iPhone, to someone and happened to check my e-mail address in the e-mail. It was the me.com address. When I go to look in the iCloud sent folder to confirm that the e-mail was sent, it's not there.

Mar 2, 2023 12:18 PM in response to A-E-3-193

When you send an email, are you IN your "me.com" mailbox/inbox? If that's the case, when you compose a new email, it will use THAT email address to send the message.

Try sending an email while viewing "ALL INBOXES", "Today", etc...

OR

Try sending a picture from your Photos app.

Tap a photo

Hit the "share" icon and choose email...then choose a recipient (smart to choose yourself as to not bother anyone). See which account it uses.

Mar 2, 2023 6:06 PM in response to A-E-3-193

You're welcome!

I asked about which inbox you were viewing at the time you sent the emails, because when I tested it, this happened...

If I am viewing my Gmail inbox and I compose a new email, the email is automatically sent from my Gmail account, even though my default is set to iCloud.

However, if I am simply looking at "All Inboxes" or my "Today" view or even if I'm working in another app when I want to share something via email and I compose a new one, it sends it from my default iCloud account.

Just something to keep an eye on.

When I send an e-mail from my iphone, it uses my me.com e-mail but there is only an icloud.com e-mail folder on my email app. How can I see my me.com sent e-mails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.