Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone

Hi

my iPhone 11 Pro Max was stolen some few weeks ago , today a link was sent to me from apple to track it , but when I got to the area , the link doesn’t work again . Any help to locate my lost phone

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 11:47 AM

This document has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

Read this document for how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Be very careful about links being sent to you. Are you sure it was really from Apple, or was it from the thief whe not want to find out your log in information? Do not use links sent to you. Independently use Apple's web site to try to connect to the feature they are inviting you to use.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 11:47 AM in response to musky273

This document has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

Read this document for how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Be very careful about links being sent to you. Are you sure it was really from Apple, or was it from the thief whe not want to find out your log in information? Do not use links sent to you. Independently use Apple's web site to try to connect to the feature they are inviting you to use.

Mar 2, 2023 11:48 AM in response to musky273

Neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can get involved in a lost or stolen device, sorry.

(Apple doesn't send any info about a stolen iphone, so, most likely, that link was a scam/phishing attemp to get some personal info. DO NOT reply, ignore it).

These are the steps you can perform in such a situation:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen, and/or:--> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item, and/or:--> If Find My is offline or not working.

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

Mar 2, 2023 11:54 AM in response to musky273

musky273 wrote:

today a link was sent to me from apple to track it , but when I got to the area , the link doesn’t work again . Any help to locate my lost phone

That’s because Apple did not send you a link to track it. You got conned. You fell for a phishing message. When you logged into the linked page, you gave the thief your icloud account credentials and allowed them to remove the activation lock.

You will never see that device again.

Oh, and you need to change your password. NOW!

Stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.