Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone at the gym and now my phone is locked when I retrieved it

I miss placed my phone at the gym and when I went to retrieve it is locked I have push buttons connected it to my computer no luck. I don’t see the Apple or the restore symbol.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:28 PM

If you marked it as lost, here is how to unlock it:

Mark a device as lost in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

Per Apple:

You can also turn off Lost Mode on iCloud.com or from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch by entering the device’s passcode (the one you use to unlock your device). For a supported iPhone Wallet with MagSafe, you can turn off Lost Mode by attaching the wallet to your iPhone.

If you forget your device passcode, you can recover it using Find Devices on iCloud.com. See Use Lost Mode in Find Devices in the iCloud User Guide.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 12:28 PM in response to Taffyhane

If you marked it as lost, here is how to unlock it:

Mark a device as lost in Find My on Mac - Apple Support

Per Apple:

You can also turn off Lost Mode on iCloud.com or from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch by entering the device’s passcode (the one you use to unlock your device). For a supported iPhone Wallet with MagSafe, you can turn off Lost Mode by attaching the wallet to your iPhone.

If you forget your device passcode, you can recover it using Find Devices on iCloud.com. See Use Lost Mode in Find Devices in the iCloud User Guide.

I lost my phone at the gym and now my phone is locked when I retrieved it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.