Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share with android

My daughter has an android phone and I would like to add her to my family share. Is this possible? She has and Apple ID and has used Apple Music on her android phone.

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 7:18 AM

There should be an Open with menu to select how to open the Invitation. Probably need to hold down the link to get the menu.

From Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

Accept an invitation to a family group and share their Apple Music subscription

1. Download the Apple Music app from Google Play to your Android device.
  2. On your Android device, open the email invitation to join Family Sharing.
  3. Tap the link in the email invitation.
  4. In the "Open with" screen, tap Apple Music.
  5. Tap Accept.
  6. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 7:18 AM in response to robinfromcache

There should be an Open with menu to select how to open the Invitation. Probably need to hold down the link to get the menu.

From Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

Accept an invitation to a family group and share their Apple Music subscription

1. Download the Apple Music app from Google Play to your Android device.
  2. On your Android device, open the email invitation to join Family Sharing.
  3. Tap the link in the email invitation.
  4. In the "Open with" screen, tap Apple Music.
  5. Tap Accept.
  6. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

Mar 2, 2023 3:17 PM in response to Phil0124

She is not showing that she was added to my Family Sharing even though she clicked on the email invitation link. It took her to a website telling her to download the Apple Music app which she already has. Every time she clicks on the invitation to join my family share it takes her to the same site telling her to download the Apple Music app. So what else can she do? How do I get her on my Family Share? I already put her Apple ID and password in and it sent her the email invitation. What is she missing please?

Mar 3, 2023 7:25 PM in response to robinfromcache

Ok, I have searched Apple Support and everything I can find on ‘Family Sharing’. I am wondering if members have to reside in the same household but It does not specify that any where. My daughter is going to college in a different state and I want to share with her. If someone happens to come across that specifically, can you send me a screenshot please.

Mar 6, 2023 10:03 AM in response to robinfromcache

robinfromcache wrote:

Ok, I have searched Apple Support and everything I can find on ‘Family Sharing’. I am wondering if members have to reside in the same household but It does not specify that any where.

No, they do not need to reside in the same household at all.

You need to open the link directly in the Music App. I assume tapping and holding on it should produce a menu with more options of what to do with the link.

If just tapping on it, redirects to the Google Play Store, is it possible to open the Music App from there?

Family share with android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.