Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for updates

Trying to update to the latest software on my 2021 iMac - Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores, 8-core GPU, and 16-core Neural Engine.

It is saying to make sure I am connected to the internet, however I am connected to the internet (I am currently posting this from the same computer)

I have restarted the computer, renewed the DHCP lease, and I have turned wifi off and then back on. This has never been the issue with other updates, in fact I can update other apps on my iMac without issue. currently I am running Monterey version 12.6.

Any info on how to fix this would be great!

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:25 PM

See if you can connect via Ethernet cable as it's faster and more reliable. Then if that doesn't help boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and try to download and install from there.

Note:  if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode.  This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will assure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 1:25 PM in response to L_Res

See if you can connect via Ethernet cable as it's faster and more reliable. Then if that doesn't help boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and try to download and install from there.

Note:  if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode.  This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will assure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Unable to check for updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.