Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number being used by an account that isn't me

I am trying to add a second phone number to my Apple ID and it says it is connected to another account. How do I find out what account it is attached to? It is a number we have had since 1990 as it use to be our land line number. Thanks!

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 4:29 AM

I would ask Apple about that. I would be very surprised if one couldn't have a number associated with more than one account. Some families still share a telephone number.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 4:29 AM in response to kridar

I would ask Apple about that. I would be very surprised if one couldn't have a number associated with more than one account. Some families still share a telephone number.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Phone number being used by an account that isn't me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.