Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

picture in picture mode

I have updated both software update and apps update. but my pip mode is not working on youtube or whatsapp. how can i fix it?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 10:41 PM

Currently, the Apple TV app has this feature for sure.

If your video player app (YouTube) doesn’t support PIP right now, then you may have to wait for the developer to update the app compatible with iOS 14 with PiP.

Alternatively, you may go to youtube.com in Safari, play a video, and make it full screen. Now you can select the newly-added PIP button on an iPhone running iOS 14, and the video will pop out from the page. You can change tabs or navigate to different apps, and the video will keep running in the PIP.

See the pic below, a snapshot was taken on iPhone SE 1st Gen iOS 14.0.1

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 10:41 PM in response to sachini16

Currently, the Apple TV app has this feature for sure.

If your video player app (YouTube) doesn’t support PIP right now, then you may have to wait for the developer to update the app compatible with iOS 14 with PiP.

Alternatively, you may go to youtube.com in Safari, play a video, and make it full screen. Now you can select the newly-added PIP button on an iPhone running iOS 14, and the video will pop out from the page. You can change tabs or navigate to different apps, and the video will keep running in the PIP.

See the pic below, a snapshot was taken on iPhone SE 1st Gen iOS 14.0.1

Mar 2, 2023 10:41 PM in response to sachini16

YouTube is not an Apple Product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or YouTube Help - Google Support

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

picture in picture mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.