You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into google chrome/ chrome freezes at account sign in

Hopefully this is the right place/ my issue makes sense. Im running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 if that helps anything.

Recently as of about a month ago (I'm assuming. I don't really use my mac as much anymore) My google account has been "paused" and every time I try to sign back in to resume sync, It takes me to the google account sign in page which is when chrome freezes and the beloved spinning wheel appears. I have to force quit chrome to get out of it.

Not sure what the issue or if anyone is having similar issues. I have uninstalled chrome multiple times. cleared cookies/cache as well to no avail. I can sign in just fine on safari and my work computer (a PC)can log into/ resume sync on chrome just fine. Its just my personal mac that seems to not be able to log into my google account.

Ive attached pictures for reference

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:18 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't sign into google chrome/ chrome freezes at account sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.