Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enlarge iPhone status icons by pressing on them

I have always been able to enlarge the status icons - battery %, carrier, wifi calling, etc - by just placing my finger on the icon. Then I get a magnified mage of it in the middle of the screen until I let go. After the latest update this no longer works on my iPhone 6se but it does on my iPhone 8.

Is there somewhere in Settings that I've missed, that toggles this function on and off?

Thanks,

Peter

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 10:25 AM

Hmm no, this feature shouldn't have anything to do with TouchID. I have tested different settings on my iPhone, and when Larger Accessibility Sizes is activated, I can tap on the icons in the status bar and have them displayed in large format in a box in the middle of the screen. I can't find any other settings that would trigger the function not working.

Try contacting Apple Support:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2023 10:25 AM in response to woodnorton

Hmm no, this feature shouldn't have anything to do with TouchID. I have tested different settings on my iPhone, and when Larger Accessibility Sizes is activated, I can tap on the icons in the status bar and have them displayed in large format in a box in the middle of the screen. I can't find any other settings that would trigger the function not working.

Try contacting Apple Support:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2023 1:10 PM in response to woodnorton

It sounds like you had "Larger Text" enabled. This can still be done in iOS 16.3.1. Go to:

Settings Accessibility Display & Text SizeLarger Text → enable Larger Accessibility Sizes.

Set the scroller to the bottom, at the least 5 last "notches" to make it work as you want it. Now you should be able to enlarge the text in e.g. the status bar by placing and holding your finger.

Enlarge iPhone status icons by pressing on them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.