Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple keep taking money from my bank account?

Why have you taken $99.99 from my checking account yesterday and another $99.99 today?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:45 AM

Was it a subscription?

If the subscription isn't billed through Apple:

Don't see the subscription when you follow the steps to cancel your subscription? You might have purchased that subscription from another company.

On your bank statement, find the charge for the subscription. If your bank statement doesn't say Apple, apple.com/bill, or something similar, Apple doesn't provide this subscription to you. To cancel the subscription, contact the company that offers the subscription to you. Statements often list the name of the company, such as Hulu, Pandora, YouTube, Amazon, HBO, etc.

Resources:

View Purchase History.

▶︎ Cancel a Subscription.

Confirm charges on your billing statement.

▶︎ Billing and Subscriptions.

Returns & Refunds.

▶︎ Request a Refund.

▷ Check Refund Status.

Need more help?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 11:45 AM in response to Berto61

Was it a subscription?

If the subscription isn't billed through Apple:

Don't see the subscription when you follow the steps to cancel your subscription? You might have purchased that subscription from another company.

On your bank statement, find the charge for the subscription. If your bank statement doesn't say Apple, apple.com/bill, or something similar, Apple doesn't provide this subscription to you. To cancel the subscription, contact the company that offers the subscription to you. Statements often list the name of the company, such as Hulu, Pandora, YouTube, Amazon, HBO, etc.

Resources:

View Purchase History.

▶︎ Cancel a Subscription.

Confirm charges on your billing statement.

▶︎ Billing and Subscriptions.

Returns & Refunds.

▶︎ Request a Refund.

▷ Check Refund Status.

Need more help?

Mar 3, 2023 11:18 AM in response to Berto61

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to information about charges to your account. Apple has a support article about charges — see each of the steps in the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2023 11:19 AM in response to Berto61

WE are certainly not taking any money from you. We are users like you and have no access to your account.

We have no idea why money was taken. Did you check with your bank? It may have been scammers.

If you see an Apple Services charge you don't recognize on your Apple Card - Apple Support

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2023 11:19 AM in response to Berto61

That is a rather acerbic accusation to throw at your fellow users. We are not Apple but other end users like you. As such, we have the same access to Apple financial as you—none.

Start here: 

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

The important part described in that article is "view your purchase history." Do that. 

If Apple does NOT show a record of the purchases, then it is likely that some scammer has gained access to your credit card number and is pretending to be Apple. It is a common scam.

If that is the case, Apple cannot fix it but your card issuer can. When we had spurious American Express charges purported to be from another major US retailer, American Express customer service had the charges identified as bogus, forgave the debt, and issues my wife a new card number, all within just over 24 hours. They also verified that the retailer had nothing to do with the charges.

If the Apple purchase history show the charges, then a friend or family member may have access to your credentials. Continue with instructions in the article.

Mar 3, 2023 11:18 AM in response to Berto61

Berto61 wrote:

Why have you taken $99.99 from my checking account yesterday and another $99.99 today?

This is a user to user technical forum there is no Apple here, we users don't know what you're being charged for.

Generally if you're charge anything by Apple they email you a receipt, what does yours say.

contact apple support if you need more help.

Mar 3, 2023 11:45 AM in response to razmee209

Thanks for responding. I was trying to get someone from Apple to help but they sent me here. They did not send me a receipt. I only know about it because I noticed it on my bank statement. I'm trying to get Apple to tell me what this is for. I don't remember buying anything or subscribing to anything for that amount. I get the feeling they abandon customers after they get the money. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Why does Apple keep taking money from my bank account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.