Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Language

I have Apple TV account, and live in Switzerland. All the films, I can buy, are in German, French or Italian. I’d like to watch films in Ukrainian or English. How to change the language? I cannot find it anywhere. Thank you!

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 11:38 PM

As Rudegar pointed out, movies may have multiple audio tracks in different languages. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support. The how-to differs a bit by device, so please disclose which device you use to watch these movies.

You can see which languages are included, when reading the text below the Languages header on the Details page for any movie. You can check this before making your buy or rent decision. Other languages cannot be added to it by the user.

Language support differs by movie and by country where it is released. Ukrainian audio may be rare or nonexistent in Switzerland, with possible exceptions of Ukrainian movies (if available) that have original audio track.

German/French/Italian speaking people are traditionally used to dubbed foreign content, so that may be the most common variant.

Which tracks are included is determined by the supplying studio or their local representatives. Apple as reseller does not interfere with that decision.

The same goes for subtitles. But it is much easier (and cheaper) to include a dozen subtitles, and rare to see more than two audio language tracks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 11:38 PM in response to Litgenn

As Rudegar pointed out, movies may have multiple audio tracks in different languages. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support. The how-to differs a bit by device, so please disclose which device you use to watch these movies.

You can see which languages are included, when reading the text below the Languages header on the Details page for any movie. You can check this before making your buy or rent decision. Other languages cannot be added to it by the user.

Language support differs by movie and by country where it is released. Ukrainian audio may be rare or nonexistent in Switzerland, with possible exceptions of Ukrainian movies (if available) that have original audio track.

German/French/Italian speaking people are traditionally used to dubbed foreign content, so that may be the most common variant.

Which tracks are included is determined by the supplying studio or their local representatives. Apple as reseller does not interfere with that decision.

The same goes for subtitles. But it is much easier (and cheaper) to include a dozen subtitles, and rare to see more than two audio language tracks.

Language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.