Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Apple Fitness app with Apple Health app

How to sync steps walked with the Apple Fitness app and the Apple Health app. I do not have an Apple watch

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:38 PM

Hey Tombif,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Since you've had a chance to review the information and steps provided in the previous resource, we would recommend reaching out to Apple Support for additional help using this link here: Contact - Official Apple Support

They would best the best option to take a closer look into the issue from here.

Best regards.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 2:38 PM in response to Tombif

Hey Tombif,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Since you've had a chance to review the information and steps provided in the previous resource, we would recommend reaching out to Apple Support for additional help using this link here: Contact - Official Apple Support

They would best the best option to take a closer look into the issue from here.

Best regards.

Mar 5, 2023 5:38 PM in response to Tombif

Hi Tombif,

For help with syncing step data on your iPhone, the information should sync automatically. Check out the details below found in the guide here: Intro to Health data on iPhone

"Health data from iPhone

iPhone automatically stores and analyzes valuable health data, including the following:

• Steps, flights of stairs, and other walking data: Built-in sensors on your iPhone capture the number of steps you take, the number of flights of stairs you climb, your walking speed, and more. You can browse highlights, trends, and details about this data in the Activity category in Health.

The Steps screen showing a daily average for several months.

• Mobility data: iPhone stores important mobility metrics such as walking asymmetry, double support time, and more. Over time, as you walk with iPhone in your pocket or wear it near your waist, these metrics are used to calculate and record your walking steadiness. You can browse this data in the Mobility category. You can also receive a notification and share your notification with others if your steadiness becomes low enough to put you at increased risk of falling in the next 12 months.
  • Headphone audio levels: Audio level measurements from connected AirPods, EarPods, or other compatible headphones are automatically stored in Health. You can review this data in the Hearing category to help you understand your headphone listening habits.
  • Sleep history: If you set up a sleep schedule in Health, iPhone estimates the periods you’re lying in bed with the intention to sleep. You can review this data in the Sleep category to help you meet your sleep goals.
  • Health records from your healthcare providers: You can set up automatic downloads of health records of your allergies, medical conditions, medications, and more from supported healthcare organizations (not available in all countries or regions). You can browse these records in Health."

However, if you're looking to change a move goal or view details from the Fitness app check out the article here: Track daily activity in Fitness on iPhone - Apple Support

For more assistance with the Health app or Fitness app, reach out to Apple Support directly.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best.

Mar 10, 2023 3:08 PM in response to Chris_V89

I did finally called the Apple Technical team. What they told me is that the Apple Health app takes a long time to catch up in the total steps. I was checking the app while I was walking and there was a 1000 -2000 step difference between the Apple Fitness App and the Apple Health. I checked the Apps much later in the day and the Health App came close to the Fitness App by 500 to 600 steps. That was much better than 1000-2000 step difference. In the coming days I'll check the apps more in the evening.

Thanks for all of your help.

Tombif

Sync Apple Fitness app with Apple Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.