Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fully deleted purchases from iTunes

Some of my music files are completely missing. No, they are not hidden (I already went through that process). I went to listen to a song that I haven't listened to in several years, but it wasn't there anymore. Is there any way to get them back? I know that I bought the song because it is still on my old iPod. This has happened with a handful of my other purchases. Anyone else experience this?

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 7:18 PM

Nikko,

Search for the file on your hard drive, including Trash/Recycle.

If you can't find it there, get a copy from your backup.

Also, if it is a track purchased form the iTunes Store, you can re-download a fresh copy at no charge by the steps in here:

Redownload music - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 3, 2023 7:23 PM in response to nikkoraven

nikkoraven Said:

"Fully deleted purchases from iTunes: Some of my music files are completely missing. [...]I went to listen to a song that I haven't listened to in several years, but it wasn't there anymore.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Music:

Removed from iTunes Library: Sometimes, items become removed from the iTunes library, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

Fully deleted purchases from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.