Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can't upload photos from Google photo albums

People who use the google photos application for organizing their pictures do not have the option to upload/search for photos via google photos when using safari; it only allows us to search using the stock IOS photos app. Google photos app users are currently SOL. Please come out with an update that allows users to search/upload using a specified photos application.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 4:30 AM

Hi John:

Thanks for the clarification. I see your point now. Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 3, 2023 9:28 PM in response to John Dit

Hi John:

When you visit a website, with any browser, then it is up to the website developer/designer to allow features to that browser. In other words, it is not Safari that is limiting you to do the things that you want to do on the Google Photos web page. It is the Google Photos website that decides what features are available for your browser.

Which iPadOS you are using, however, I am using iPadOS 16 and I am able to use Safari on the Google Photos website with Search and Upload available to me.

Axel F.

Mar 4, 2023 12:30 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hey Axel unfortunately you misunderstood my post. The google photos website is completely unrelated.

If we want to upload a picture to facebook using safari, safari will not show google photo albums within the google photos Ipad app. If we want to upload a picture to instagram, safari will not show google photo albums within the google photos Ipad app. Safari only shows IOS photo albums within the stock IOS photos app.

It is not up to Google photos to implement a feature for safari to have access to google photos, it is up to safari to allow users to pick which photo application to display photo albums for.

Safari can't upload photos from Google photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.