Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I start another family sharing on Same device ?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 7:28 PM

Family Sharing is on an account, not the device itself. You can only be part of one family group at a time. You can leave or disband one family group and start another one, but there are limitations:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

"Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year."

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

D. "Family Sharing Rules: You can only belong to one Family at a time, and may join any Family no more than twice per year. You can change the Apple ID you associate with a Family no more than once every 90 days. All Family members must share the same Home Country."

September 12, 2022

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 7:28 PM in response to Lyna82

Family Sharing is on an account, not the device itself. You can only be part of one family group at a time. You can leave or disband one family group and start another one, but there are limitations:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

"Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year."

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

D. "Family Sharing Rules: You can only belong to one Family at a time, and may join any Family no more than twice per year. You can change the Apple ID you associate with a Family no more than once every 90 days. All Family members must share the same Home Country."

September 12, 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.