Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost phone number

At end of my apps I have “ frequently used apps”, then shared telephone number xxxxxxxxx I dont recognise this. I looked it up and its a ghost number? How do I delete please?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 9:45 AM

Hi alggomas,

We'll be glad to look into this with you further. From what you've described, it sounds like this is a Siri suggestion. These aren't able to be manually changed. However you can disable them, if you'd prefer. The following article shows how to customize this feature: Siri Suggestions on iPhone - Apple Support

"Turn Siri Suggestions on or off for an app

Siri Suggestions are on by default for your apps. You can turn them off or change the settings at any time.

1. Go to Settings  > Siri & Search, scroll down, then select an app.
  2. Turn settings on or off.

"

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 9:45 AM in response to alggomas

Hi alggomas,

We'll be glad to look into this with you further. From what you've described, it sounds like this is a Siri suggestion. These aren't able to be manually changed. However you can disable them, if you'd prefer. The following article shows how to customize this feature: Siri Suggestions on iPhone - Apple Support

"Turn Siri Suggestions on or off for an app

Siri Suggestions are on by default for your apps. You can turn them off or change the settings at any time.

1. Go to Settings  > Siri & Search, scroll down, then select an app.
  2. Turn settings on or off.

"

Cheers.

Ghost phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.