Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted startup disk and disk, what do I do? Haven’t used Mac in a while, gave to my mom, got it back like this, is there any way to save it?

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 10:23 AM

You can reinstall the operating system using the Internet Recovery Mode. On startup, press:

• Shift + Option + Command + R keys install the OS that originally came with the Mac.
  • Option + Command + R keys to install the latest OS that is compatible with your Mac.
  • You need to have the Mac connected to the internet. Do not use Wi-Fi as it is too slow and the downloaded files are likely to get corrupted. Use the wired Ethernet connection.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 10:23 AM in response to Maria1625

You can reinstall the operating system using the Internet Recovery Mode. On startup, press:

• Shift + Option + Command + R keys install the OS that originally came with the Mac.
  • Option + Command + R keys to install the latest OS that is compatible with your Mac.
  • You need to have the Mac connected to the internet. Do not use Wi-Fi as it is too slow and the downloaded files are likely to get corrupted. Use the wired Ethernet connection.

Deleted startup disk and disk, what do I do? Haven’t used Mac in a while, gave to my mom, got it back like this, is there any way to save it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.