Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Face ID is not working

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 6:21 AM

There are few things you can check:

1. Update to the latest operating system, this may help to fix the bug (if it was a bug)
  2. Check your Face ID settings, make sure that Face ID is set up and that the features you're trying to use Face ID with are turned on.
  3. Check that nothing is covering the TrueDepth camera - make sure that nothing is covering the "notch" or dynamic island of your phone.
  4. Make sure that your face isn't blocked - covering some parts of your face may affect the face recognition

You should try resetting the Face ID again, see if that works.

Note that if your display was replaced by a third party or another iPhone's display, it may cause the Face ID to not work.

To learn more: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 6:21 AM in response to fizamaqsood

There are few things you can check:

1. Update to the latest operating system, this may help to fix the bug (if it was a bug)
  2. Check your Face ID settings, make sure that Face ID is set up and that the features you're trying to use Face ID with are turned on.
  3. Check that nothing is covering the TrueDepth camera - make sure that nothing is covering the "notch" or dynamic island of your phone.
  4. Make sure that your face isn't blocked - covering some parts of your face may affect the face recognition

You should try resetting the Face ID again, see if that works.

Note that if your display was replaced by a third party or another iPhone's display, it may cause the Face ID to not work.

To learn more: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.