Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using Apple podcast on my phone is there a way when one podcast ends, the next one starts automatically?

When using Apple podcast on my phone is there a way when one podcast ends, the next one starts automatically?

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 3:08 AM

In the Apple Podcasts app on iOS you can accomplish this by tapping the three dots in the upper righthand corner of your library and select "New Station" from here you can select the shows you would like to play back-to-back and configure the options to suit your needs. After creating your station it will appear in your library automatically.

For further reference see: Organize your podcast library on iPhone or Create and manage a station in Podcasts on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 3:08 AM in response to ipodshuffleinCatalina

In the Apple Podcasts app on iOS you can accomplish this by tapping the three dots in the upper righthand corner of your library and select "New Station" from here you can select the shows you would like to play back-to-back and configure the options to suit your needs. After creating your station it will appear in your library automatically.

For further reference see: Organize your podcast library on iPhone or Create and manage a station in Podcasts on Mac - Apple Support

Mar 7, 2023 11:51 AM in response to ipodshuffleinCatalina

Hello, here is an example I created that might help you. In this case, podcast "A" is 2.5 hours and podcast "B" is about 1 hour.

• configure the station to play the most recent episode or the most recent n episodes (you can also group by show)

• When you play your station tap the episode at the very top to play the station. If you go to the controls as shown in the image below you should see "Playing Next" under the "Episode Notes." The next episode will automatically play after the first assuming you do not select a show outside of the station or start the show in your station from outside of the station.

Mar 7, 2023 5:27 AM in response to rebootmac

I know how to make "new" stations and put the podcasts I choose into those stations. Where my frustration occurs is when podcast "A"'s three hours end and it is time for podcast "B" to start.

I cannot figure out how to make it go from podcast A, after it ends to podcast B automatically without physically having to choose podcast B and then pushing the play button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.