Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac keeps asking for password to put item in trash

This just randomly started. Running Ventura 13.2.1. All of a sudden I need a password to put item in trash or even copy something to the desktop. I am the only account on the computer and am the admin. I cannot figure out why this is happening....

iMac

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 8:15 AM

jpdeux wrote:

This just randomly started. Running Ventura 13.2.1. All of a sudden I need a password to put item in trash or even copy something to the desktop. I am the only account on the computer and am the admin. I cannot figure out why this is happening....

Easy enough to run the First Aid and see if that sorts you issue—

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

Volume level

Container level

Parent drive

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 8:15 AM in response to jpdeux

jpdeux wrote:

Easy enough to run the First Aid and see if that sorts you issue—

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

Volume level

Container level

Parent drive

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

mac keeps asking for password to put item in trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.