Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vírus or malware?

I was working on my MacAir yesterday, and suddenly opened a message with the icon of the "system tool" saying in Portuguese "virus found (3) click here to scan", and in English a button wrote, "show". I did it and opened a window of McFee. I don´t have an anti-virus...what shall I do??? Tks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 2:42 PM

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below that as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 2:42 PM in response to Alias618

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below that as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

vírus or malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.