Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro has been hacked and locked

My MacBook has been hacked and locked. How do I make sure whatever is happening is happening only to the MacBook, and has not infected my iMac, iPad, or iPhone? I have shut the MackBook down.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 10:37 AM

SandiBW wrote:

My MacBook has been hacked and locked. How do I make sure whatever is happening is happening only to the MacBook, and has not infected my iMac, iPad, or iPhone? I have shut the MackBook down.

Did you buy this Mac new?

Is it your personal machine or bound to some Enterprise, JAMF, MDM, active directory list (?) work related.

Did you try rebooting into SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

and logging in to test(?)

Reboot as normal and test. When you go to launch Safari.app hold the Option key down, if at that point

Try downloading and running this trusted utility https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

many scams out there...ex

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2023 10:37 AM in response to SandiBW

SandiBW wrote:

Did you buy this Mac new?

Is it your personal machine or bound to some Enterprise, JAMF, MDM, active directory list (?) work related.

Did you try rebooting into SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

and logging in to test(?)

Reboot as normal and test. When you go to launch Safari.app hold the Option key down, if at that point

Try downloading and running this trusted utility https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

many scams out there...ex

My MacBook Pro has been hacked and locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.