Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music disappears

For a few years now I’ve noticed that I buy an album on iTunes and it’s some point in time that album will just randomly no longer be anywhere on my phone or in my library. If I look at that album in iTunes as if I was going to purchase it again, it will say purchased but there is no option to download it or anything this makes me long for the days of Napster and content piracy. It’s such crap that I buy an album and then it disappears. I think I’ve noticed this with audiobooks to but I can’t be sure. Some of the missing albums are still on my old iPhone 6s which I just had a new battery put in. I don’t want to connect that to my Apple ID or the cloud because I’m afraid those albums will disappear again. But this is more a general question about why albums are disappearing. I’ve read articles about on hiding and none of that ever replies.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 7:37 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 5, 2023 3:46 PM in response to picas

Well holy friggin **** Pica you solved it. Unbelievable. Now….how do I go about getting refunds for albimsnive rebought? Seriously…,how did this happen? I’ve never hidden any albums. I even just looked in the Apple Music app and I can’t even see how you would go about hiding it.

I’ve asked about this before and people have mentioned “oh they’re hidden”. But I’ve always been given the impression you looked for the hidden area within the music app/player and not within iTunes. Leave it to Apple to have it there. Unbelievable. I can’t believe it.

Now….,maybe you can tackle my mystery 4:35am alarms I posted about too lol. Thank you thank you thank you.

Mar 13, 2023 7:18 PM in response to picas

It has been a while almost 4 months that my subscription had expired, although yesterday I did subscribed to Apple Music however my music did not appear they’re all gone it’s only one album I purchased back in the days that is available and I also synchronized music library yet they did not comeback, please is there something I could do to bring them back?

Music disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.